Monday, November 19, 2007

Blonde moment

Recently I've been put under pressure to produce a Business Owner View.

The example that ran to 165 pages was a little intimidating for someone that hadn't produced one before but, being the consummate professional, I started doing my research.

I figured I'd need help.

I wasn't too sure what a Contextual Motivation Model was, let alone a Motivation and Function Association Matrix or a Conceptual Network Model and these were just some of the components for the document that had my name against it.

I carried on reading and, to my relief, discovered that it isn't a Business produced document but one produced by IT.

I raised this and the task was placed with someone who already has enough to occupy more than his working week.

So although I've saved myself a horrendous task, someone else is now overloaded to the point where something's got to give.

The irony of this situation is that I can't find anyone who sees any merit in the production of this document.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Well its OK. I have now teflon'ed this to someone else. We agreed that it should only be 3 days effort on it and all optional stuff is left out :-)