Monday, June 18, 2007

Choose-O-Matic and fluffy stuff

Last week I saw the latest thinking behind the Choose-O-Matic, and the Vortex of Doom has gone.

Whilst this is disappointing because I quite liked referring to the Vortex of Doom, it is good news for the project and the end user. The user experience we are considering now is much simpler and intuitive. I'm an advocate of keeping things simple.

I'm very conscious that everyone involved on this project is what I'd called an expert user. We need to accommodate the internet novice. Keeping things simple will help the novice and expert users.

I also saw a million different creative executions. OK, I'm exaggerating a little but there were a lot of executions. You could have played spot the difference with some of the ideas because the variation was very subtle. I can't remember all of the ideas but I know I liked a lot of what I saw.

This brings me to another problem. What I like isn't necessarily what the majority of users will like. Which is why it needs testing, with real people. Not that I'm not real - I'm not an avatar honestly. It's just that I'm probably not average. :)

No comments: